Even before the COVID-19 outbreak, our office followed strict infection control guidelines that would have prevented the transmission of the novel coronavirus (or any other virus) to our patients or staff. In an abundance of caution, we have put together a multi-faceted safety plan that includes increased frequency and thoroughness of our sanitizing procedures and adherence to all safety procedures recommended by the Center for Disease Control, American Dental Association, and OSHA.
First and foremost, our safety plan began with an updated (and continuous) staff training and review of existing universal precaution protocols, disease transmission, hand-washing techniques, appropriate use of new PPE, and enhanced disinfection protocols. We have also monitored the health of our staff and their loved ones continuously since the outbreak.
The following list includes the multiple additional steps we have implemented as part of our “COVID-19 Safety Plan” to ensure the safety of our patients:
- Patient hand-washing and/or hand sanitizer before entry
- Providing patients with masks upon entry to the office (if needed)
- Hand-washing and hand sanitizer stations located throughout the office
- Ongoing employee health screening, ensuring our staff are healthy when treating you
- Use of Chlorhexidine oral rinses prior to evaluation
- Extended appointment times to ensure adequate social distancing of all patients
- Use of medical grade HEPA-13 air filtration, continuously in treatment rooms and common areas
- Use of air purification system in treatment rooms and common areas
- Use of N95 respirators or ASTM level III masks combined with poly-carbonate face shields
- Use of PPE hair covers in addition to above by all providers
- Disinfection of all critical care touch points regularly throughout the day
- Use of specially designed High-Volume Evacuation Equipment to reduce aerosol spread in the treatment room setting.
Our commitment to your safety has always been an important part of our practice, which we take much pride in. If you are wondering whether it is safe to return to the dental office, we want to reassure you that our dental office cleanliness and sanitation have always exceeded the required standards to prevent the spread of any illness. The additional measures we are putting in place with the “COVID-19 Safety Plan” will further improve patient and staff safety.
Please feel free to contact us at (910) 270-9344 with any questions or schedule an appointment now.