If you have been into our office recently, you have experienced a lot of new things, one of them being a preprocedural rinse.
A preprocedural rinse is used before your appointment begins by swishing with a mouthwash to reduce bacteria, viruses & fungi. In 2020, we are most concerned about COVID-19 & how it can spread through aerosols in the air. In our office, a preprocedural rinse is a must have. With this rinse, the viruses, bacteria or fungi found in the oral cavity are killed by disrupting the cell membrane. Therefore when aerosols are created in your dental appointment, these objects do not go into the air. In our office, we have several layers of protection for our patients and staff such as:
- Air purifiers in each operatory
- High Volume Evacuation Suctions
- Releaf High Volume Evacuation Suctions
- Isolite High Volume Evacuation Suctions
- Personal Protective Equipment worn by all clinical staff; This includes: Eye Protection, Face Shields, N95/KN95 Respirator masks, Lab coats, Protective gowns, Hair coverings, gloves, etc.
*We have utilized guidance from the CDC and the ADA to ensure the highest level of cleanliness and safety for our patients and our team. For a complete list of all the precautions we are taking for COVID-19, please contact our office at 910-270-9344.